Prestop BV, located at Ekkersrijt 4611, 5692 DR Son en Breugel, the Netherlands, is responsible for the collecting and processing of personal data as described in this privacy statement.
Prestop recognizes the importance of protecting your privacy and personal data according to the new EU GDPR regulations and we promise to treat any of the information that you share with us with the utmost respect and confidentiality. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, theft, abuse or unauthorized access to, alteration and publication of your personal data. Should you feel that we have not secured your personal data sufficiently or you have an indication of misuse of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not sell or trade your personal data.
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Prestop BV and it applies to all our products and services, and instances where we collect personal data.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website. In case of substantial changes, we will make sure that the changes will clearly be marked and communicated. The current version is from June 2018 - V0.1.
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Prestop processes your personal data when you use our services and/or when you have provided us with your customer/supplier data. For instance, when contacting us or one of our service/business partners with a service or support question, when you hand your business card, or when you fill out your customer data in a competition or price-draw.
Below you can find an overview of the personal data we collect and process depending on the service or product that you have with us:
- o Personal and contact details: such as title, full name, contact details incl. email address and contact details history
- o Your country of residence, language preference and if relevant your interest in our product categories; desktop, gaming, touch screens and large format displays or industry such as: retail, gaming, business, health
- o Records of your contact with us; such as service requests, emails and your email subscription preferences
- What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- o From you directly
- o From our account managers and sales personnel
- o From our service or business partners when requesting price quotations or processing service requests, warranty claims or direct inquiries.
- o Business partners (for example suppliers, resellers, online vendors, distributors), or others who are a part of providing your products and services or operating our business
- o From other sources such as publicly available directories and information (for example, social media and internet)
- o From events and other promotional activities
- What do we use your personal data for/ What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed at section 2 above:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Assessing a product order or service you hold with us, including consideration as to whether or not to offer you the product, the price, the payment methods available and the conditions to attach
- Managing products and services you hold with us, or an application for one
- Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
- Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers when you apply for a product to help manage your product
- All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts, requests for transfers of equity, setting up/changing/removing guarantors
- To share information, as needed, with business partners (for example, resellers and distributors), service providers or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our business.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- To inform you about critical updates or important changes to our products and services that you have purchased from us.
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance including warranty and service obligations and regulations.
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- With your consent or explicit consent:
- For direct marketing communications; product updates, emailing’s, promotional activities and our newsletter to which you have subscribed
- For some of our profiling
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- For service or warranty claims or customer support
4. Who do we share your personal information with?
We only share your personal information with business- and, service partners and third parties when it is required to fulfill our contractual agreements, legal obligations and to deliver the purchased products or services. Prestop works with local parties and processors as much as possible. With any company or third party that is processing your personal data on our behalf, we have set-up a GDPR compliant data processing agreement to ensure they adhere to the same level of security and confidentiality as Prestop.
For more information on our local business and service partners, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With all our third parties that process your personal data on our behalf, we have set-up a processors agreement through which we can guarantee the confidentiality and secure processing of your data. Regardless of who processes your data, we remain responsible for your data.
- Is your personal information transferred outside the EU
Yes, we use several tools such as a CRM software and e-marketing platform Laposta that have their headquarters located in the Netherlands. These platforms and tools are obliged to follow GDPR guidelines.
For more information on the tools that we use, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How long is your personal information retained and used by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
- Run time of the promotional activity (such as competitions, giveaway, survey, etc.) and time needed to process your participation and to select and contact the winners when applicable. Your data will be deleted no later than a month after the end date of the promotional activity
- When you have given us your consent to use your data for commercial purposes, such as the newsletter or product updates, we will store your data till you withdraw your consent
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
To exercise your rights, you can contact us with your data inquiry-, correction-, restriction-, removal- or transfer requests by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to complain to The Information Commissioner's Office which enforces data protection laws for your region.
- Cookies or similar technologies used by Prestop
The information that we collect and store during normal use of the site is used to monitor and analyze how parts of the site are used. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored.
Prestop uses three types of cookies on our websites;
- Technically necessary cookies – These cookies ensure that the website functions as it should. E.g. The compare function is controlled by a technical cookie.
- Statistics cookies – these cookies collect anonymous data on the use of our websites
- Preference cookies – these cookies help to remember your language settings and or cookie preferences
You can disable or remove cookies through your browser settings. Your browser's manual or help function will tell you how to do this.
- Links on www.prestop.nl or any other of our websites
- Forms on www.prestop.nl or any other of our websites
You have the option on certain pages within this site to submit personal information to us by email and online enquiry forms.
The information you provide us about yourself will be shared with Prestop employees or passed on to the relevant department within Prestop to the extent necessary to accommodate your request. Your information will be kept confidential by Prestop unless we are required by law or our professional regulatory obligations to disclose it.
We may need to disclose your information to third parties in order to perform the services you have requested. By providing your information, you consent for us to share your identifiable information with third parties. who would be bound by confidentiality. We may also contact you for feedback on the service you received from us.